Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Week of Soccer Camp!

The boys are in full soccer camp swing. Gabe is coaching his own group - U5 boys - scouting out the talent for his friend to create his own Crushers team. Caden is in a competitive group with the rest of his team, and, needless to say, loving every minute of it. Jake is putting his servants heart and business skills to use as the assistant manager of the camp concession stand. He has proudly reported the favorite candy and drink of the day each day. (nerds on a rope and gatorade, in case you were wondering!) This has given me fun time with Crew each morning. Today we went to "toddler time" at the library. He got to sing and dance to traditional nursery rhymes. I use the terms "sing" and "dance" loosely. Mostly, he just walks up to each child there, smiles, let's out a squeal, and runs back to me. I'm not worried, yet, but most of the other children sit nicely in their moms lap throughout this time. I don't know that Crew has ever sat still. Oh well.
I have several project going on in my front and side yard. We have torn out all of the ground cover in our side "garden" (again, I use the term loosely) and we plan to replace it with a rock garden. The lower the maintenece, the better. I'm about to remove several shrubs from my front yard and replace them with a variety of more tropical looking plants and bushes. I'm very excited about it, but I'm constantly amazed at how much time it all takes. Thankfully, my mom and dad come over and lend me a hand when I get myself in too deep. Gabe's been a trooper, taking the boys various places so that I can have uninterrupted time in the yard. Tonight, I had to call him out to remove two garden snakes from the area I was working in. I scream every time I see one!
This weekend Cade will play in a baseball tournament in Cedar Hill, about 45 minutes away from us. I'm sure it will be fun, but very hot. Interestingly, I am also having a garage sale with my mom this weekend...but Gabe kinda forgot about that. Hopefully he and Crew will enjoy some baseball together!
We are also planning to head to San Antonio for the 4th of July and a nice visit with Janice and Wendell, Jason and Sydney. Looking forward to that!
I'm off to watch "So You Think You Can Dance" - one of my very favorite shows. Gabe even watches it with me and admits it's pretty cool.
Love to all!

2 comments:

Janice said...

Thank you so much for creating this blog, Annick. Wendell and I loved reading about all the things you and the boys are involved in. It is just the sort of thing I hoped would make it easier for family to keep in touch. Let's hope others join in! Love, Janice

Annick Davis said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you like it! It's a lot of fun for me to share our day to day events. I hope that I will stay faithful to posting our family news on a regular basis.